Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reboot: Good & Bad

4 posters

Go down

Reboot: Good & Bad Empty Reboot: Good & Bad

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Since I live under a rock most of the time (ie - I only see what's on TV or in Theaters, not the books and comics), the whole Uhura/Spock thing in the Reboot threw me for a happy little loop. It added some character dimensions for me.

In general, I was rather pleased with the Reboot. And I have to say, I'm rather fond of Simon Pegg as Scotty. And Quinto does an excellent Spock. I'm so glad he and Nimoy got to work together on it.

I've just come to accept that there will be cheesy time-travel issues involved, no matter what incarnation it is. I'm just glad someone is trying to keep the ST flame alive and bringing in potential new fans.
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Reboot: Good & Bad Empty Re: Reboot: Good & Bad

Post by GreenLantern2814 Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:18 am

I thought Scotty and McCoy stole the show. Those two really did a good job. I do hope for the next picture they stay away from time travel and alternate realities as they have gone to those wells far too many times in my opinion. Actually, this is how I think it will play out.

2009 Star Trek was like the Hobbit, it is a prequel to:

2011 Star Trek The Doomsday Machine

2013 Star Trek Some type of in fighting for the Federation, possibly a civil war. Maybe a conflict over a new planet joining the Federation or use of a new weapon (the Genesis Device?)

2015 Star Trek The Mission comes to an end. Somehow, if Mr. Nimoy and Mr. Shatner are still able, it ends in the far future, everything has been reset, and Captain Kirk Prime is alive. Perhaps, in a way, this was Spock's attempt to bring Captain Kirk Prime back from the dead.

Who knows. I'm just happy to have my matchbox Enterprise!

Steve
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:15 am

Oh Yes! McCoy was FABULOUS! How could I have overlooked that! The whole first meeting scene! ( I never knew he was married and divorced, and afraid of flying)
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:37 am

Agreed. I thought McCoy was definitely good. Quinto defintely did a good job as Spock. And Scotty was kinda fun.
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:05 pm

McCoy's afraid of EVERYTHING Razz
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

http://ilstack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down