Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outland : High Noon In Space : The Remake

2 posters

Go down

Outland : High Noon In Space : The Remake Empty Outland : High Noon In Space : The Remake

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Back in 1980 director Peter Hyams (2010, TimeCop) gave us a High Noon homage set on the Jupiter moon of Io. This classic movie had Sean Connery in it. The production design of the movie is tech noir (ALIEN franchise, Bladerunner, 2010). It should also be pointed out that some fans of OUTLAND believe that the movie shares the same universe with the ALIEN franchise. This belief is fueled by the OUTLAND novelization by Alan Dean Foster. In the OUTLAND novel the term Company is used to describe a greedy spacefaring megacorporation. The same term pops up in Alan Dean Foster's ALIEN novelization (the movie as well). However the Company in OUTLAND is known as Com-An (I think that's the spelling) and the Company in ALIEN is Weyland-Yutani. I guess one could retcon this by saying that Com-An was violently 'bought out' by Weyland-Yutani. So that would make OUTLAND a quasi-prequel to ALIEN. Or perhaps Com-An and Weyland Yutani co-exist like Target and Wal-Mart. Oops I'm getting off topic. OUTLAND is now being considered for a redux. I could see Hugh Jackman as Marshal O'Neil. Not sure who might take up the role of Dr. Lazarus. Needs to be a lady with attitude (as in the classic version).
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Outland : High Noon In Space : The Remake Empty Re: Outland : High Noon In Space : The Remake

Post by XFozzboute Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:40 pm

I like the original but this is a movie I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of. One of the other reasons for the idea that this movie is connected in some way to the Alien franchise is because the production design is very close.
Jackman isn't a bad idea for O'Neil but I think I'd rather see Clive Owen instead. Maybe Helen Miren for Lazarus. I would rather see an older women in the role to avoid any kind of romantic twist.
XFozzboute
XFozzboute

Back to top Go down