Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

2 posters

Go down

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind Empty The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:46 pm

This is also now a TV series called "Legends of the Seeker" on WGN.

I started reading this series while recovering from a surgery. I've only made it through the first 4-5 books (there are now 9 I think). It starts with "Wizards First Rule", and is the story of Richard Cypher, and how his journey to save the Midlands and Westlands from the threats of D'Hara and the Old World unfolds with Mother Confessor Kahlan Amnell and Wizard of the First Order Zeddicus Zul Zorrander as his guides and companions.

It a very well thought-out and laid-out world, with deep rich characters.

I'm actually finally starting up the series again and picking up the next book from the Library in the morning.
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind Empty Re: The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

Post by Gotham Knight Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:42 pm

I found the series on Hulu and got immediately addicted. I've seen all the episodes thus far, but I have yet to read any of the books (although I've heard that they're far superior to the series.)
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind Empty Re: The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Books are always far superior to their Movie or TV couterparts. I think it's because you can actually see the in-head thoughts of the characters that don't get translated to the screen.

I expected them to cast someone a little more burly for the Richard character, seeing as how he's a woodsman and all, but Craig has grown on me. I do like how they made Kahlan more of a warrior woman in the show though. And the guy they got to play Zedd was just dead on perfect!

The guy playing Lord Rahl fits his part pretty well too, but he seems a bit young for the character.

And they got the Mord-Sith down to an art. They are exactly like how they are described and portrayed in the books. My jaw dropped the first time they showed one.

I just read "Debt of Bones", which is a prequel to Wizards First Rule. It tells of a younger Zedd and how and why the boundaries went up.

So far, they have stayed pretty close to the books. There have been some glaring ommisions:
1) the hair length denoting socail status. Nno one is allowed to wear their hair longer than the Mother Confessor in the books, and hers is down to her bottom. Most people can't have it past their ears or chin. Nobles get to wear it down to around their shoulders.
2) The exact relationship between Rahl and Richard, unless the story Rahl told Jessen was just supposed to be a ruse.
3) the timeline of Jessen's appearance in the books as compared to the show
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down