Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players

3 posters

Go down

Looking for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players Empty Looking for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:24 pm

Like the title asks, I had been talking with a few people on inner geeks and lost the URL to the thread we had been talking on. I am looking to play (not run) D&D on Saturdays starting at around 5pm and playing till whenever.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Looking for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players Empty Re: Looking for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:59 pm

I FOUND THE URL FOR THAT THREAD!!! Anyways, tell me if you ever figure out if you can.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Looking for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players Empty Re: Looking for fellow Dungeons and Dragons players

Post by Gotham Knight Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 pm

I *might* be interested in trying to run a campaign, but it would have to be one that was bought, not created. I have no experience in DM'ing and it would most probably be a very rough campaign. Very much a learning experience. But I am willing to try!

What would I be looking at in terms of expenditure? I know I'd need a DM guide, a player's handbook and a DM screen at the very least. Is there anything else I would need to be able to run a campaign?

Also, I'd need time to sit down and learn the rules, being as I kind of have no idea how to play D&D. Smile
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:00 am

I'd love to get back into gaming... alas, my work schedule prevents anything close to a normal social life.
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:07 pm

You can find free PDF files of those books online. (if you have a laptop to bring them with you). Otherwise try e-bay, they should be a lot cheaper there. I have ALL (about 90%)of all the 3.5 D&D books EXCEPT the forgotten realms books. I can loan you a DM screen when we play, I have three. There are some mods (adventures) that were released prior to 4th ed (which sucks by the way) coming out. They should take us from 1st to like 13th or 17th level. But I can help you learn the rules (and give you some tips about DMing since i have done it multiple times before).

As far as costs go, go to this link if you want to bid on the Players Handbook, the Dungeon Masters Guide, and the Monster Manual on ebay. So far the bid is like $42.00 for all three (which is a real deal).http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=DMG+3.5&_sacat=See-All-Categories

If you have a laptop you could easily find the PDF files for free online. I will find the price for those mods i was talking about and post them later.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:13 pm

At least you have work
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:19 pm

The mods names are as follows you can find them on ebay for real cheap. (I looked) 1. Barrow of the Forgotten King ( I think this is a beginning mod)
2. City of Peril ( I don't know much about this mod)
3.Expedition to Undermountain (long module that takes us from 1st level to 10th level)
4. Red Hand of Doom (Another long mod that takes us from 1st level to 9th)
5. Expedition to the Demonweb Pits (Another long mod that takes us from like 9th or so to 13th or so).
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Then somewhere they remade 1st and 2nd ed D&D mods and converted them into 3.5 D&D mods. But I forget where to find them. I know they exist but they are being difficult to find.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:32 am

Any movement on IG D&D?
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:23 am

well I am playing on monday and wedsdays now. I just need one more player
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum