Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum

4 posters

Go down

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum Empty BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 am

Battlestar Galactica fans can visit this topic to discuss all things B-star-G and Caprica. The topic is open to fans of both the old version and new version of B-star-G.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum Empty Anybody Catch THE PLAN Sneak Peek ?

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:57 am

During last friday's Primeval episode a sneek peak at The Plan was offered. Thoughts?
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum Empty Galactica: 1980 - It Lives Again

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 am

Well the comic book publisher Dynamite Entertainment wants to try an experiment with the much hated Galactica:1980 spin-off TV series. They will start a 'reinvented' Galactica:1980 comic book series. It will start in August - I think? So expect to see the comic book adventures of Dillion and Troy traveling in time with Viper-cycles - fighting Xavier and the Cylons. Oh and let us not forget teaming up with Wolfman Jack and learning the dance called disco. Yes I think this is a sign that western civilization is collapsing. affraid Yet oddly enough I'm intrigued by what DE has in mind for 'reinventing' Galactica:1980. Suspect
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum Empty Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 am

Caprica fans might want to visit the NBC/Universal store on-line. Why? Well the first bit of Caprica merchandising has happened. They are offering a flashdrive in the shape of a Serge keychain. Who is Serge you ask - in Caprica this pre-cylon robot serves as a butler for the Greystone estate). It costs 40 colonial cubits. Cylon!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum Empty Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10 am

Caprica TV Series Update:

Want some episode spoilers?

Visit...

spoilertv.blogspot.com
Cylon!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:54 pm

At the big comic book convention EJO reveals that The Plan is not the last BSG tv-movie. More tv-movies very well might be made. EJO even gave us a preview to a post-Plan sequence. We see retired Admiral Adama in his log cabin. An urgent knock at the door happens. Adama opens the door and Saul Tigh is revealed. In his gruff manner Tigh tells Adama, "We've got a frakkin problem."

Also EJO believes Bladerunner should follow on from the last sequence in Daybreak Part 2. You know the sequence with head Baltar and head Six speculating on the future - whether the cycle is broken. Well that's where Bladerunner should follow on from BSG. Sources state EJO even went so far to suggest that one of the post Plan tv-movies might involve an Adama descendant chasing Replicants! The source stated EJO was not joking.

Which is interesting - because for at least three years hints of a Bladerunner remake via Sy-Fy production have circulated. Of course Ridley Scott's got his own plan for a Bladerunner sequel (titled PureFold) - but that's another issue altogether.

If EJO is serious then that means he is saying that we might see a merger between BSG and Bladerunner. Really that's not as jarring as it might seem. The two really do fit together in terms of tone, style and character development. EJO was in Bladerunner and that character might be the Adama descendant. The more I think about this meger I like it. Cylons = Replicants. The cycle continues... Cylon!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Hrm... Interesting....
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenLantern2814 Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:56 pm

I like the Admiral Adama being visited by Tigh. I do think that there is a lot of potential to continue the series post-landing on New Earth. They have yet to tap into the ancient astronaught angle.

Steve
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:04 pm

I like the idea in theory, but my thing is this:

Battlestar Galactica is the first series in the history of me watching television that ended completely satisfactorily. I am one hundred per cent happy with the ending, which, knowing me, is ASTOUNDING. As such, I don't read fanfic or post-Africa material Razz
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

http://ilstack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:58 am

Caprica Casting News: Actress Luciana Carro (viper pilot callsign - 'Kat') has been cast to have a role in the weekly Caprica show. Perhaps she is a relative of Kat?

Other Caprica News: Joseph Adama's brother Sam is a married gay man in the show.

Even More Caprica News: The BSG prequel will have an ongoing sub-plot involving a John Stewart/Colbert Report-like news program. If memory serves it is titled Smarting Off With Steve Sarno. This will be fun. Imagine a news parody involving the social/political news of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol. I can just imagine how the Sarno program will make fun of Greystone Industry leaks. As Sarno reports the leaks to the viewing public we see behind him images from bad Z grade movies made in the Twelve Colonies. Those shoe-string budget movies depict robots taking over one/or more of the Twelve Colonies. Thus we'll get some darkly funny foreshadowing... lol! , Twisted Evil , Cylon!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:42 pm

The Plan tv-movie will not be shown on tv till 2010. However we can buy The Plan on Oct. 27, 2009!

The tv debut of The Plan will likely be matched up with the start of the Caprica weekly series (this prequel begins Jan. 22, 3010. Cylon!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - CAPRICA : The Fan Quorum Empty New Caprica Promo!

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Over at io9.com a new Caprica promotional is available. Some of the footage reminds one of 1960s anti-war and civil rights marching. Only these marches are about A.I. and terrorism. Looks intense. I like the still photo image of Zoey Greystone taking a bite from an apple. Nice symbolism. Cylon!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down