Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cpt./Adm. Pike And His Little Friend

+2
Cincinnatus Prime
SpaceshipGuru72
6 posters

Go down

Cpt./Adm. Pike And His Little Friend Empty Cpt./Adm. Pike And His Little Friend

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Hey I discovered something after watching the new Trek film again (4th time). Romulan space miner-turned-space pirate Nero does NOT use a Ceti eel on Christpher Pike (as many people mistakenly believe). The creature dropped down Pike's mouth is the creature we see in a Next Generation episode. Remember the six legged little critters with the pincers that attempted to take over Starfleet Command in the 24th century? Yeah folks a member of that nasty bugger infestation is what Pike has inside him. And here's the kicker...

the nasty little frakker is still inside Pike. It's controlling the good admiral. Think about that. No one but poor Pike knows it. But the admiral can not warn anyone. Because the critter is in control and it is likely using Pike to make way for more of its kind to infest Starfleet and the UFP! So while the Enterprise is away Pike-with-critter-onboard will play. I smell the plot of a future sequel!!! Brain slug!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Cpt./Adm. Pike And His Little Friend Empty Re: Cpt./Adm. Pike And His Little Friend

Post by Cincinnatus Prime Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Has anyone confirmed this?
Cincinnatus Prime
Cincinnatus Prime
Executive Director

Back to top Go down

Cpt./Adm. Pike And His Little Friend Empty Re: Cpt./Adm. Pike And His Little Friend

Post by GreenLantern2814 Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:37 pm

That would be a curious plot device for the next movie. However, if I heard correctly, they called the bugger and Centaurian Slug. They never did give the aliens that appeared in "Conspiracy" a name, just alien parasite.

Nice idea though. On the first viewing, I too thought it was a Ceti Eel.

Steve
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by JFStan Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:32 am

GL's right. It's neither a Ceti Alpha Eel nor the neural parasite from "Conspiracy". Abrams supposedly intended this as a nod to WoK, but the scene didn't seem to play a large part in the movie's plot, so SSGuru's "conspiracy" theory could actually have some merit (geez it really hurts to actually admit that). tongue Fascinating
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

https://innergeeks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:06 am

One of my theories has merit?

Shocked

One of - M Y - theories has merit?

I'm sorry...that honor makes me kinda...

Sad

emotional. I really maybe scored a hit in my idle speculations. This is the kinda thing that could go to my head. Inflate my meglomania. Yes...yes I can feel that wonderful itch..."It's good to be the king". king
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by JFStan Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 pm

DOWN boy, I only said MAYBE. We'll see when the second film comes out. jocolor
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

https://innergeeks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Or even when the DVD comes out ... if it's hand-waved away on the commentary by James James Abrams ...
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

http://ilstack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:59 am

I remember reading somewhere where they told what kind of creature it was, but it wasn't the Ceti eel (as JFStan pointed out - it's just a nod to WoK).

It'd be cool if it was the same creature from that NextGen episode... which, if you'll allow me to geek out for a minute - was revisited in the DS9-relaunch novels where they said those creatures are cousin to the Trill symbiotes.

Yes: I read Trek novels.
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Cousin to the Trill, you say...

Kinda like the Romulans are cousins to the Vulcans?

Kinda like two sides of the same coin, eh?

If that be the case - I like it! Duality is so frakkin cool.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum