Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome back Steve, Doug, Red and those making their way to us.

+2
GeekGoddess82575
Cincinnatus Prime
6 posters

Go down

Welcome back Steve, Doug, Red and those making their way to us. Empty Welcome back Steve, Doug, Red and those making their way to us.

Post by Cincinnatus Prime Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:45 am

I will say this, with Red's departure from Evansville things changed, book club was cool but, like an integral part of something, it kinda changes when something is removed. Not that it's bad, just different, but not like it was bad as a result. Just different. Then Doug left and something wasn't right. There was a void and it was noticed by all and greatly felt by others. For some of us and I can speak for Joe and Kesh it was greatly felt. We had thought we lost a dear friend and it wasn't good. Then (Edric) Steve needed to take time to get things back to good and I have to say I now see a much stronger and more confident Steve and a Doug that hasn't missed a beat.

But now with Steve and Doug's return and now Reds (as much as she can be, all things considered ie; location) I have to say that there is that old familiar sensation, that feeling in the air you get when the world was good because of the people that were a part of it has returned.

Now there are others out there still missing and I feel in time they will find their way back to us and in some ways we are making our way back to them as well. Which hair raisingly leads me to paraphrase a speech from a great leader from a Michael BayBOOM! movie...

"With the support for the Eville Jedi diminished, we have decided to move on and we sincerely hope that life will return to that club. We did all that we could do. We tried. But fate has yielded its own reward: The Inner Geeks, a new club to call home. We are growing among its people now, geeking out in plain sight, but watching over our new hope with pride, waiting... expanding. I have witnessed an impressive capacity for growth, courage, community. And though it seems we are worlds apart, like us, there's more to them than meets the eye. I am Cincinnatus Prime, and on behalf of the Inner Geeks I send this message to any person with an inner geek taking refuge out there: You are welcomed. You are wanted. We are here and we are waiting."

May the Inner Geek be with you.
So say we all!

Welcome home everyone! Welcome back! We missed you. Greatly.
Cincinnatus Prime
Cincinnatus Prime
Executive Director

Back to top Go down

Welcome back Steve, Doug, Red and those making their way to us. Empty Re: Welcome back Steve, Doug, Red and those making their way to us.

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:46 am

*gets all teary eyed with a quivering bottom lips and sniffles*

Awww.. that was so sweet Mike. Thank you.
*Big squishy Red Hug*
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Welcome back Steve, Doug, Red and those making their way to us. Empty Re: Welcome back Steve, Doug, Red and those making their way to us.

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:23 am

Of all the self-serving BS I've ever heard in my life...

That's quite nearly 'butifool'. Wipes a tear.

However I must point out that we are slipping ever closer to becoming another dreaded cult like Heaven's Gate. Is the Inner-Geeks president the next Jim Jones offering Kool-aide to his beguiled flock? Need I dig up my Cult Deprogramming Guidebook from the 1970s?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Suspect , Brain slug! , Shocked
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenLantern2814 Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:01 am

Thank-you. It is good to be back!
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotham Knight Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 am

Excellent speech!

Thank you, Mike. It's just good to be back among friends, new and old alike. Smile
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenLantern2814 Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 pm

I have to say that at the last meeting when we were all standing outside borders I felt a great sence of being home again. Things were pretty grim because of the work situation. I am still not completely recovered, although I no longer go to therapy or take medicine. However, I think that the Inner Geeks will be of great help in making me 100% again.

Thanks again for the kind words.
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Eh?

You did not read my suggestion that Inner-Geeks is a cult. Beware the Kool-Aide...or beware a bunch o' nerds wearing the very same type of tennis shoe. Those are the warning signs. Brain slug!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmicKoala Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am

Another one of the lost has returned to the fold ... Smile

I know you all are going to shoot me for this ... but I feel I have to...

In Jar Jar voice> Mesa back!
KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:43 pm

shoot him. Shoot Him. SHOOT HIM. S-H-O-O-T H-I-M !!!

! BLAM !

ah, frak...we've gotta Twitcher...
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmicKoala Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Oh good! Now mesa can talk to you all night long. Look, keshie! Mesa all glowie!
KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down