Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn kids with your TV and computers

3 posters

Go down

Damn kids with your TV and computers Empty Re: Damn kids with your TV and computers

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:28 pm

No wonder the Gov. isn't too worried about cutting funding to the libraries... most of the 25 & under crowd I see there are there for the computers and the DVD rentals.

Is it bad of me to wish that all computers, tvs, and cell phones would stop working for just one week?
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Damn kids with your TV and computers Empty Re: Damn kids with your TV and computers

Post by Lestack Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Why would you do that to me? Razz I listen to music (classical) while reading!
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

http://ilstack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:37 am

Why indeed would WE do that to you Lestak? Conduct an experiment in intervention and as a group effort insist that you turn off your lap-top for oh let's say three months. Can the rest of the gang here in cyberspace imagine what Lestak would be like after three months without his lap-top fix? Geez he'd be a royal mess. Likely found in a corner of the apartment - in a fetal position - chewing at a pillow - having soiled himself. Tsk, tsk, tsk...poor Liz. But see I'm not that cruel. I'd only suggest that for intervention purposes that Lestak not use his lap-top during Popular Culture Movie Nights. But even that might be too much for the guy. Likely he'd be weeping and suffering from acute OCD by the strike of midnight. lol!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 am

SpaceshipGuru72 wrote:Why indeed would WE do that to you Lestak? Conduct an experiment in intervention and as a group effort insist that you turn off your lap-top for oh let's say three months. Can the rest of the gang here in cyberspace imagine what Lestak would be like after three months without his lap-top fix?
You'd be dead.
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 am

Uhm... there is classical music on the radio too ya know.... those would still work
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:37 am

What's the main difference between TV and radio? Pictures? Why does that make TV the evil one and radio is okay?

And I know there's classical music on the radio but not all the time. If I'm reading I don't want to have to schedule it "from noon to All Things Considered" Razz Gods forbid I have a little convenience Razz
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:21 pm

According to intervention experts Lestack is now displaying symptoms associated with the Denial Stage. Lestack is rationalizing his need of the lap-top computer. Not unlike the alcoholic stating he/she just needs a little booze to relax at night or to have fun. The non-addict can do without a given vice. The non-addict can relax without a little booze or can have fun without booze involved. Note I'm using booze as an analogue to Lestack 's addiction to his lap-top computer. I think also Lestak is still in the Bargaining Stage - I quote the subject's own words "What's the main difference between TV and radio? Pictures? Why does that make TV the evil one and radio is okay?" - granted he states nothing about the offending lap-top in this quote, but again it shows a mind trying to balance itself by rationalization. Tv, radio, lap-top - does it matter which device is the vice? No of course not - any object can become a stimulant to obssession. Also Lestack's threat of my death are signs of a concurrent Anger Stage. It's OK Lestak I know you don't mean it. It's the compulsion talking and trying to avoid shame. The group here still respects you. We are only made sad by your continuing struggle with lap-top obssession. It will be OK to not use the lap-top for five hours or five weeks. The jitters - pillow eating - soiling one's self will fade. You have Liz to talk you down from the bouts of impending mad rage. Thank her the next time she unplugs the machine that has become your overlord. Cylon! = lap-top computer / Brain slug! = lap-top computer's hold on you
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 am

*smirk* There are always CDs too.

And the whole convenience issue is part of the point.
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Do you really think I still own CDs? Razz

Also a CD player? nope. I have a computer so I don't have to keep six thousand bloodyfrakking CDs around.
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:08 pm

I decided since we've got somewhat off the topic of "Sci-fi = syfy(lis)" I'd separate the two threads of discussion. Other thread is for SyFyLis discussion, and this one is to complain about how everything new/convenient is bad or whatever :p
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Everything new/convenient isn't bad, just relied upon too heavily these days.

And you are so screwed if there is ever an EMP or major solar flare.
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 pm

So is everyone else. Anyone use banks? Invest in stuff? Do anything other than keep all your net worth in a private vault underneath your property? Razz
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:22 pm

If I had any net worth, I would, but my paychecks are usually spent the day I get them. Yay bills. While we're at it... can we have the credit companies and student loan lenders taken out like in "Fight Club" only electronically?
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

YES PLEASE OMG YES UGH

Yet another reason that film is the best film of the 90s.
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum