Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pillow Talk- A Collection of Star Wars vignettes

Go down

Pillow Talk- A Collection of Star Wars vignettes Empty Pillow Talk- A Collection of Star Wars vignettes

Post by lizabitty Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 am

I'm just reposting some old vignettes that I've done. I'll do probably one a week and then I'll start in with the new stuff. Here's the first one:

COMPLICATED

Jaina couldn’t bring herself to concentrate on the sparring match at hand. In front of her stood Kyp Durron who, by all accounts except for Jaina’s, was a very handsome man. He was witty, charming, and completely wrong for her. Or so she had thought. Now, she wasn’t exactly sure of how she felt about him. It was, well, complicated. She was with Jag, but somehow she knew that he wasn’t the one she was meant to be with. Then again, she wasn’t sure if Kyp was that person either.

Concentrate! Jaina told herself. If you don’t, he going to cut you down faster than you can say “sithspawn”!

Lunge. Parry. Sidestep.

She fell into the Force as she blocked Kyp’s lightsaber with her own. Then, he threw his lightsaber aside and rushed at her headlong, tackling her to the ground. Jaina’s breath was knocked out of her not only by the impact, but from the fact that Kyp was now on top of her, placing them both in a very precarious position. His breath was hot and sweet on her face.

“Got you now, Jay,” he said.

Part of Jaina wanted to fight back against being pinned, but part of her just wanted to stay there, pinned underneath Kyp. That was the part of her that was enjoying it. She wiggled a little bit, out of discomfort at the thought of enjoying being pinned by Kyp more than anything else. She couldn’t believe that part of her was enjoying this. Then, she thought for a moment. It wasn’t just part of her that wanted to be pinned under Kyp, it was all of her! She shook her head to clear out those thoughts.

“What? You didn’t think I’d be able to win against a goddess?” Kyp’s voice jolted her out of her reverie.

Jaina let out a short, indignant laugh. “You’re only winning because I’m letting you win. Any minute now, I’m going to spring up and beat the pants off of you.”

Jaina could see the expectant twinkle in Kyp’s eyes. “I look forward to it.”

Jaina didn’t say anything to his comment. She couldn’t find the words to say at the moment. Her body screamed out for her to do something, anything to relieve the tension she could feel crackling between their bodies. Again, she wiggled underneath him, trying to find a way to free herself from her sudden discomfort. This was Kyp, for Force sakes! She shouldn’t feel this way about Kyp, should she? He brought a hand up to smooth the hair away from her face.

“I’m still waiting.”

“For what?” Jaina’s breathless voice asked.

Kyp said nothing, but instead pushed himself up and off of Jaina. He stood and offered her a hand, pulling her up and into him. Jaina stood there for a moment, lost in Kyp’s embrace. Again, she couldn’t seem to find her voice. It was as if all of her senses had chosen to abandon her at this moment, right when she needed them the most. She looked up into Kyp’s deep green eyes, drowning in the emotions she could read in them.

Frustration. Passion. Longing. Self-restraint. Those were just a few of the hundreds of sensations she was reading off of Kyp. But an even more curious feeling came to the front of all of them, drowning them out.

It was love.

Kyp was in love with her.

Jaina was speechless. If she had only known….Well, she wasn’t exactly sure what would have happened if she had known sooner. This was too surreal for her to deal with. Kyp couldn’t be in love with her! He just couldn’t! Her mind looked for any other explanation to what she had felt coming from him. But she knew that it wasn’t possible to deny it. But just because he was in love with her didn’t mean that she loved him back, did it?

No, she couldn’t possibly….Could she? Her mind swarmed with confusion. She knew that she wasn’t really in love with Jag, but that didn’t mean that she was in love with Kyp. She tried to think of why she wasn’t in love with Jag. He was handsome, talented, and he was in love with her. So why didn’t she feel the same about him?

“Because you’re in love with me.”

Jaina pulled away from Kyp’s embrace and looked away from him.

“I’m not in love with you. What makes you say that?”

“Come on, Jaina. You’re broadcasting so loud that even the non-Force users can hear you. You’re in love with me, but you won’t admit it.”

Jaina said nothing but turned and walked out of the sparring room, seething anger and disbelief at Kyp. How dare he try to read her mind like that?

How dare he do it right?

Jaina didn’t speak to him again for another standard week. She was hesitant about showing up for their weekly sparring match, but she knew that if she didn’t, it would just prove him right. That was the last thing she needed right now. She walked into the sparring room, finding Kyp sitting in the middle of the floor, deep in meditation. She turned to leave when his voice caught her.

“You’re late.”

“And you’re arrogant. Can we just get on with this?”

Laughing, Kyp rose from his cross-legged position on the floor. He called his lightsaber to him with the Force and ignited the purple blade. Jaina, however, did not.

“What’s going on? I thought you came here to spar.” Kyp said.

Jaina looked at him. “Yes, I came here to spar, but I had an idea. No lightsabers today. Hand to hand combat. I’m sure I can best you at that.”

Kyp laughed and shut down his lightsaber, sitting it to the side. Jaina tossed her to the side as well. “As you wish, Great One.”

Jaina ran headlong at Kyp. She launched herself into a complex series of somersaults, finally flipping herself over Kyp, who had turned around by this time and was ready when she landed. A sweeping kick tripped Jaina who fell to the ground on her back. She flipped herself back up and straight into Kyp, whose body absorbed the impact by falling back onto the training mat, Jaina lying on top of him.

“Seems we always end up in this position, don’t we?” Kyp laughed.

Jaina tried to push herself off of Kyp, but found that his arms were locked around her waist.

“Let go.” She pleaded.

“Don’t get excited, goddess.”

“Being held by you is not enough to excite me, Kyp.” Jaina said, shaking.

“Then why are you shaking?”

Jaina said nothing. In all reality, being held by Kyp was exciting her. But she wasn’t going to tell him that.

Kyp raised his head up so that his lips were mere centimeters from Jaina’s. She could feel his breath feather against them, only causing her to shake even more.

“Why are you shaking?” he repeated.

“I’m not. You’re just imagining things.”

Kyp leaned in a little closer. Now there was only a hair’s width between their lips. Jaina could feel the electricity crackling between them again.

“I’m so sure I am,” he said. Then suddenly, he flipped himself over, placing Jaina beneath him. Before she knew what was happening, he leaned his head down and pressed his lips against hers. She gasped, allowing her mouth to open. Kyp took full advantage of this, deepening the kiss. Jaina knew that she should try to fight him, but she didn’t want to. She wanted to stay like this, feeling the voltage that had jolted through her when Kyp’s lips had met hers. She had never felt anything like this before.

Never.

Jaina jerked her head back and pushed Kyp off of her. She sprang up and ran from the room. She ran all the way to her quarters and keyed the door open. Once inside, she locked the door shut and sank against the cool metal of the door. She hadn’t just kissed Kyp, had she?

Yes, she had. She wished that she could erase what just happened from her memory, but it was branded in her mind forever. This was the jolt she had been searching for, so why wasn’t she taking it? The kiss replayed itself over and over again in her mind until a chime on her door comm unit shook her out of her thoughts.

“Solo here,” she said.

“Jaina, it’s Kyp. Let me in.”

Jaina stood away from the door after she keyed it open. Kyp walked into her room, her lightsaber in hand.

He handed it to her. “You forgot this.”

She reached out and grabbed one end of the smooth metal weapon. Her eyes locked with Kyp’s as she tried to tug it out of his hand. But instead of just tugging the weapon out of his hand, she tugged him closer to her.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“Making you realize how much you love me.”

“Who said I was in love with you?”

“You did. When you kissed me back.” And with that, Kyp lowered his head to hers again, catching her lips in a bruising kiss. Jaina stood on her tiptoes, leaning herself fully into the kiss. Kyp pulled away seeing Jaina still leaning into him, her eyes closed and lips slightly parted. Her eyes fluttered open, seeing Kyp looking down on her.

“Sithspit….how do you do that?”

Kyp laughed. “Do what?”

“Make me fall in love with you.”

Kyp kissed her again. “That’s how.”

Fin
lizabitty
lizabitty
Promotions & Events Coordinator

Back to top Go down