Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen King Corner - Novels, Comics, Films, TV shows

3 posters

Go down

Stephen King Corner - Novels, Comics, Films, TV shows Empty Stephen King Corner - Novels, Comics, Films, TV shows

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:59 am

Any Stephen King fans in the house? Tell us of your King fandom.

Here's a list on my King fandom...

1. Favorite King novel:

It's a tie between Salem's Lot and IT. Salem's Lot was my first King novel. Read it when I was 11 years of age.

2. Favorite King movie:

It's a tie between Stand By Me and Christine.

3. Favorite King TV show:

That's easy. The 1979 version of Salem's Lot. Tobe Hooper's mini-series still resonates strongly with me. Reggie Nalder's Barlow is one of THE best vampires ever done. A bona fide monster and not some weepy-creepy romatic vamp. No sir. Hooper, Nalder and Paul Monash gave us a bald-hissing-growling fiend with blue skin and Spock-like ears. Not to mention those scary yellow eyes and razor sharp incisors. Yes certainly an homage to classic film - Nosferatu, but sooo much better. Let's not forget James Mason as Mr. Straker. Captured the old world charm and menace quite well. Bravo! Though I do think Mason was a bit too short for the role. Angus Scrimm (Phantasm's Tall Man) would have been a better actor for the role.

BEEP! BEEP! clown
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Stephen King Corner - Novels, Comics, Films, TV shows Empty Re: Stephen King Corner - Novels, Comics, Films, TV shows

Post by JFStan Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Novel: Bag of Bones "..I was okay until she danced.."

Movie: Pet Semetary, Stand By Me

TV Movie: IT (except for the ending)
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

https://innergeeks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Stephen King Corner - Novels, Comics, Films, TV shows Empty Re: Stephen King Corner - Novels, Comics, Films, TV shows

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Novel: The Eyes of the Dragon and the Gunslinger series

Movie: Carrie and IT
(hated the movie of Pet Cemetary.. actually put me to sleep)

And Yeah, Salem's Lot kicks serious arse, and I didi like the 4 past Midnight mini-series they had on for a minute.
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Stephen King's recent novel titled Cell will likely become a TV-movie. A couple of years back Hostel director was going to do a theatrical film, but that fell by the wayside. But hey that means we will get four hours of cell phone created 'zombies' on TV. !RING! !RING! !RING! "Hello?" PULSE Zombie!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum