Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where were you this morning?

3 posters

Go down

Where were you this morning? Empty Where were you this morning?

Post by Cincinnatus Prime Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:48 am

Where were you this morning? Abch-300x100-0035
Cincinnatus Prime
Cincinnatus Prime
Executive Director

Back to top Go down

Where were you this morning? Empty Re: Where were you this morning?

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 am

Well the new V has begun. A very rousing start! Loved the Frost/Nixon-esque interview between reporter Decker and Vistor Leader Anna. As with the new Battlestar Galactica - the new V - is more layered in subtext and context. Also liked the new V's Visitor weapon system - a cross between the look of the Krypton escape pod from the Chris Reeve Superman films and the soaring silver bladed ball of Phantasm. Back in the 80s the old V introduced shocktroops rather quickly. Thus far in this new V we have yet to see shocktroops. In fact the iconic red and black uniforms wore by the Vistors in the old V are not present in the new V. The only Visitor uniform seen in the new V is a navy blue and silver-grey one. Very much like a sedate airline uniform rather than the calling card for alien overlord lizards. Most Visitors in the new V wear semi-causal clothing. Again this suggests the new V's more subtle approach to issues of rising fascism. Then again the new show is only getting started. By season end we might well see the rebooted Visitors in full combat gear. The new V uses the sleeper cell dynamic much in the same manner that the new Battlestar Galactica does. Sleeper agents that look and act Human have infiltrated Human civilization well in advance of mothership arrival. They do what sleeper cell agents do - cause confusion. But as with the Cylon 'skinjobs' some of the sleeper agent lizards in Human disguises have sided with the Humans. The new V does play like Right-wing reactionary propaganda. It takes a stab at a state run universal healthcare system at one point. In the old V the building of a resistance movement is gradual. The resistance movement in the new V is already in place. There is a strong suggestion that a shadowy civil war exists amongst the Visitor loyalists and Visitor defectors. Overall I give the new V a grade of A-
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenLantern2814 Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:31 pm

After the population of Earth applauded the Visitor Leader, Anna, saying that they were just stopping by to pick up some supplies, would share some tech, and leave them in peace, I could not bare to watch. I mean, come on, Earth People are not that dumb. We have seen enought Sci-Fi Disaster Flicks to tell us when "Nice" Aliens come you look for what is inside the Trojan Horse. That being said, I will probably still pick up the DVD as I am a sucker for sci-fi! LOL Plus, Supergirl is in it!

Steve
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum