Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:3 A Shy Maiden's Introduction

+2
Gotham Knight
HimeKo
6 posters

Go down

:3 A Shy Maiden's Introduction Empty :3 A Shy Maiden's Introduction

Post by HimeKo Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:06 am

Bwahaha, who am I kidding? I'm not shy at all.

I'm Nicole, I go by Ko, and I was introduced to this board by way of the local anime convention (I'm the representative for the con). I didn't know we had such a group as this in Evansville though, so when I heard about all of the wonderful inner geeky goodness I signed up right away. :3

I'm personally addicted to the occult right now (collecting as many Lovecraft pieces as possible, I love a good outer space horror). Needless to say, I like anime/manga/video games, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've also had minor experience in traditional table top gaming but I've never had the chance to enjoy a full campaign. And I'm addicted to WoW right now. ;3; That's not really geeky but kinda shameful. Anyway, if you want to play and you're on Elune (Alliance!) or Mal'Ganis (Horde!), please let me know and we can do some instances together~.

:3 Thanks for reading~ can't wait to meet everyone at the meeting and hopeful answer some questions about the con/make some new friends!
HimeKo
HimeKo

Back to top Go down

:3 A Shy Maiden's Introduction Empty Re: :3 A Shy Maiden's Introduction

Post by Gotham Knight Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:26 am

Hiya Ko!

I'm kinda the group's anime/manga/video games guy Smile

I'm pretty limited in the anime I watch, but only because there's so much out there and I really don't know what's good. Right now I'm REALLY into Bleach, so I'd love to talk to you about it if you watch it :-)

What games/systems do you play? I mostly play on Xbox 360 (gamertag: Totmaster) and I play a lot of action and RPG's. Right now I'm into Bayonetta and Dragon Age: Origins (and drooling for Mass Effect 2, lol), but I'm always on the lookout for new stuff!

And you play WoW? Sweet! I have Alliance toons on The Scryers and a Horde on Malfurion (I think, it's been awhile since I've logged him on). I might create a toon on Elune or Mal'Ganis just to say hi :-)

Looking foward to meeting/talking with you!!
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JFStan Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks for joining, Nicole! We're looking forward to meeting you later today!
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

https://innergeeks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HimeKo Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Well, I'm always way behind the loop as far as gaming, I only have my PS2, PSP, DS, and Wii. I'm just not completely sold on buying a $600 gaming system. =_= I'm too cheap. Mwahahaha. That being said, when I move in with my boyfriend we agreed to absorb each other's gaming systems so I'll have a 360 by this summer. (YAY~) But I'm pretty casual about all my games, I play mostly handheld. Right now I've got rhythm games in both my DS (Elite Beat Agents) and PSP (Project Diva). I'm so casual it hurts. But other than that I do a lot of RPGs, favoring the turn based battle systems as opposed to real time, because sometimes I get bored/distracted and just walk away.

I do have a steam account if you use that for gaming. :3 But I'm hardly ever on/playing any games on my laptop because it just isn't really cut out for intense FPS action. Ha ha ha. I only get on there to check up on all my friends and check out any new games that come out.

And let me know if you join up on the servers I'm on! :3 I'm still only level 20 (I've only had WoW for about 2 weeks now.)

And as far as anime I'm kinda.. in and out as far as watching. I only really watch moe anime anymore, so if you like Moetan, Yotsuba&!, Azumanga Daioh, K-on!, that kinda stuff.. then yeah :3 But I don't watch much else because I can't handle all the intense action. If I go for action I go for my American comics. :< So good~.
HimeKo
HimeKo

Back to top Go down

Post by TK1945 Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Welcome! Is there any way you could post details in the E'ville con thead about the event? I didn't make it last year and I'm curious as to what to expect.
TK1945
TK1945

Back to top Go down

Post by HimeKo Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Yeah, I'll post something over there :3 You can always check the site too.
HimeKo
HimeKo

Back to top Go down

Post by Creature Core7 Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm a big fan of Lovecraft as well, Ko. What have you read most recently?
Creature Core7
Creature Core7

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/creaturecore7

Back to top Go down

Post by HimeKo Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Well, I was thinking about buying a new collection set, but I think the one that I read last (or sticks out most in my mind) is "Nyarlathotep". I dunno but ancient worship really gets to me. And the imagery was really creepy in that one. :3

But also I read something from the whole idea of the Cthulhu mythos, "The Shadow from the Steeple" by Robert Bloch, if you've read any of his stuff. It's pretty similar style and just as haunting.
HimeKo
HimeKo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincinnatus Prime Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 am

Sorry it took me so long to respond but welcome to the IG and thank you for joining.

I like the following Anime...

Akira
Ninja Scroll
Robotech
Macross
Ghost in the Shell
Blood
Wings of Honniamese (sic)
Wind Called Amnesia
Vampire Hunter D

and that's about it.
Cincinnatus Prime