Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E'VILLE CON - FEB 6-7

+2
SpaceshipGuru72
JFStan
6 posters

Go down

E'VILLE CON - FEB 6-7 Empty E'VILLE CON - FEB 6-7

Post by JFStan Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Our fan table at E'Ville Con has been confirmed! Visit their site for info:

http://evillecon.com/

The table is provided at no charge to the club, but attendees will still have to register. We need to know who is planning on attending and who can man the table and at what time(s). The goal here is to simply promote the club and recruit new members.

Anyone who would like to bring items form their collection to display on the table are welcome to (don't worry, these items will not be left unattended), especially anything anime/Japanese related.

It promises to be a fun time, so post if you can make it!

Last edited by JFStan on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

https://innergeeks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

E'VILLE CON - FEB 6-7 Empty Re: E'VILLE CON - FEB 6-7

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 am

If I get that weekend off I'll be there. I'll bring my ROBOTECH: The PROTOCULTURE COLLECTION and ROBOTECH: THE SHADOW CHRONICLES with me.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenLantern2814 Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:47 pm

when and where is this? I work 50 hours next week but may need a diversion Saturday!

Steve
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by JFStan Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Check the first post again, you'll find all the info you need.. Hope you can make it!!
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TK1945 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:23 am

Looks like I won't be able to make it. We're having my youngest boy's B-day party Saturday and I'll be doing homework for finals on Sunday.

Make sure to take pics of the cosplay contest for me.
TK1945
TK1945

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:20 pm

YES! I will for sure be there on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by HimeKo Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Very Happy I just wanted to say thanks for everyone who was there this weekend. It was nice seeing some of you again. The convention was a great success! I hope you all come back next year (especially since we talked about kid's rates, which is definitely an option I've been talking over with the other staff.)

Do you guys have any other comments about the con you want to address?
HimeKo
HimeKo

Back to top Go down

Post by JFStan Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 am

I enjoyed the convention, thanks for setting us up!
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:35 am

Tell me about E'ville Con. My 12 year old daughter was invited by a friend this year, but had other commitments and couldn't attend. Is the con kid-friendly? What kind of stuff goes on at this local con?

I believe I recall the admission price was $30 and I kind of balked at spending that on a con for my kid.
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HimeKo Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Yes! The con is super kid-friendly. I mean, we have adult attendees who will hang out and make adult jokes but for the most part they attend different events and everything at the con has a rating listed in the program schedule.

We're really focusing on keeping the convention open to all ages, although next year we plan to run 24 hours, which will give us the ability to have events that cater to adults later in the evening/very early morning. So if you have her out during that time, yes, she may find some material we wouldn't necessarily want kids seeing. At anything 18+ we card, so there's not any worry about her getting in to anything she can't legally see. Wink

This year, we had events like a cosplay contest, karaoke, and numerous fan panels about anything from Japanese rock music to informational panels telling parents what goes on at a con, ran by our convention's very own "con mom". We also had a really awesome dance ran by two amazing local djs (but of course I'm biased because I'm dating one, haha~!)

As for the admission price, we based it off of local and starting conventions. If you had buy your tickets early, you could have gotten them as cheap as $20. As with all conventions, the price increased closer to the con. OMG!con, a convention in Paducah, charges around $40 at the door, and Gencon is about $80 at the door. I remember my first convention (it was only in its second year at the time) cost me $35. Yes, our price is seemingly high, but for what we delivered I believe it was a very good price (we had a very amazing voice actress as a guest.) In order to continue to bring relevant guests to our con and be able to rent out space large enough to have our event, these were the prices we had to set.

I really hope you'll join us next year. We're in the planning stages of this still, but I believe we are going to try to have some sort of family pass/kid priced pass, so please check our website for updates. It's under construction at the moment, but it should be up within the next month or so. :3
HimeKo
HimeKo

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks for the info!
I'll keep all that in mind if she gets invited again next year.
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum