Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animated Post-Return Of The Jedi Series Announced!!!

4 posters

Go down

Animated Post-Return Of The Jedi Series Announced!!! Empty Animated Post-Return Of The Jedi Series Announced!!!

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 am

Well it's not exactly Episode VII thru Episode IX, but Steve Sansweet (Lucasfilm official spokesperson) confirmed that a new animated TV series based on Luke, Leia, Han, etc. will be with us in about three years. This new animated series will make use of the animation currently being used in the Clone War TV series. No word if this new animated series will ignore the 'Expanded Universe' novels, comics and games. It might. It might not. Perhaps Lucasfilm might borrow the use of alternative time-lines from the Trek franchise. Thus bypassing the whole mess. Oh and one other interesting bit of news...

Sansweet also stated that it seems in sci-fi not everyone remains dead...

MY SPECULATION:

Hmmm...well if this new animated series sticks to the 'Expanded Universe' then you have both a Palpatine clone and Boba Fett still to contend with. But me thinks Lucasfilm will make use of some newer character from the Clone Wars series - like perhaps Cad Bane messin with Luke and company. Or maybe Ashoka returns.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Animated Post-Return Of The Jedi Series Announced!!! Empty Re: Animated Post-Return Of The Jedi Series Announced!!!

Post by AmishGeek Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm

If they completely disregard the whole expanded universe novels, I will completely stop reading Star Wars. I have been waiting sooooooo long for Thrawn to come to the TV. This is my dream finally coming true.....or my chance to give up on it all together
AmishGeek
AmishGeek

Back to top Go down

Animated Post-Return Of The Jedi Series Announced!!! Empty Re: Animated Post-Return Of The Jedi Series Announced!!!

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Again no one outside of Lucasfilm knows for sure what will come to pass in regards to the animated post-ROTJ television series.

My thinking is they will largely ignore the 'expanded universe' unless they like something from it and give the 'expanded universe' element a cameo appearance.

However recently fans of Mandalorian elements had their toes stepped on by the animated Clone Wars. Stuff about the Mandalorians from the 'expanded universe' was overridden by Lucasfilm. So much of Karen Traviss's novel work was put in jeopardy.

This post-ROTJ series might push the 1991-2010 'expanded universe' further into Infinities territory. Elements like Thrawn might be heretical now. I very much doubt any of the novels or comics will be adapted to animation. Lucasfilm is more likely wanting to do fresh material.

BUT...

Then again we might be making a mountain out of a mole hill. Lucasfilm might weave new stories about Luke and gang around already established 'expanded universe' elements.

My thinking is the post-ROTJ series will feature the adult Ashoka confronting Luke and gang. Whether as a ally or a foe - who knows. Depends on Ashoka's fate in Clone Wars or the Dark Times eras. There still exists many gaps yet to be filled with story after ROTJ.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by TK1945 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 am

I have a bad feeling about this.
TK1945
TK1945

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotham Knight Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 pm

The odds of sucessfully making this series are approximately 3,720 to 1!!
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:55 pm

I've enjoyed the Clone War animated series. Seeing Luke and gang in this form will be interesting. So I'm cool with it.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down