Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALIEN Prequel : Update! Now Even More Info !

Go down

ALIEN Prequel : Update! Now Even More Info ! Empty ALIEN Prequel : Update! Now Even More Info !

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Director Ridley Scott has revealed a bit more on this backstory to 1979's sci-fi/horror merger.

SPOILERS AHEAD !!!
-----------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The new film takes place in the year 2085 A.C.E. (After Common Era). This places it 30 years before Ellen Ripley and the space tug Nostromo meet the the first xenomorph. So Sigourney Weaver is not involved.

2. One major element in the new film is the Weyland Corporation's grand plan for terraforming distant planets. Note the Weyland Corporation has not yet merged with the Yutani faction (I smell a sub-plot)

3. Another element - already revealed in my earlier posts - is a focus on the origins and goals of the 'Space Jockey' species from the 1979 film. Unlike the xenomorphs of the classic film and its sequels the 'Space Jockey' species uses machines.

4. One of the main characters in this new film will be a female lead.

5. The xenomorphs featured in the 1979 classic and its sequels will be 'rethought and retro-engineered' by their concept artist - H.R. Giger.

NEW INFO !!!

6. We have one planetary location revealed by Scott - the Zeta Reticuli star system. Seems that might be a key location regarding 'Space Jockey' activity.

7. Scott stated that the overall idea of this prequel is "gods and engineers of space". Well I could see the term gods applying to the giant 'Space Jockey' species. Those guys are like 12 feet tall and make use of biotech. The term space engineers could apply to the terraforming that humans have planned.

8. Scott stated that this prequel will be "a really nasty one". He goes on to say it's "the dark side of the moon". Not sure exactly what that means - But the film is going to be in 3-D. So he might mean shit jumping in your face.

9. Scott plans to expand the ALIEN prequel into a Part One and a Part Two.

10. Scott plans to release the film late 2011 or early 2012.

MY SPECULATION:
-----------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would not be surprised if actor Ian Holm is cast to play the Company man that the Ash android was based upon. The new film is likely to take us into how the greedy Company works. Think Oliver Stone's Wall Street - meets- Ridley Scott's Bladerunner. If I'm correct about Holm then his character in the new film is likely an iconic model for the future Carter Burke (the Company man and 22nd century yuppie from ALIENS). The leading lady in this new film might be a representative of the Yutani faction. I would not be surprised if she is a secret android.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down