Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars TV show

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars TV show Empty Star Wars TV show

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:05 pm

So, whatever happened to the planned TV series? Was it completely scrapped, or just on indefinate hold?
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Star Wars TV show Empty Re: Star Wars TV show

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:45 pm

No it is indeed on its way (sooner than many might think). Recently on one of the store.coms a place holder titled 'Star Wars TV Show - John Williams' was found by fans. Casting is already underway. Filming is likely to take place in Sydney and the outback. I suspect they'll film the first 20 episodes rather quickly and undercover like with Clone Wars CGI series. So to answer your question - YES it is going to happen.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Awesomeness....
You just made my day Kesh *hugs* Smile
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:40 am

Indeed. This is the series that's supposed to be set between RotS and ANH, and not feature any of the main characters in starring roles.

What worries me is that the main filming is in Australia... unless they do a bunch of CGI backgrounds... I'm forseeing many a desert planet...
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:52 pm

There's more than desert in Australia
They are surrounded by water
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:38 pm

GeekGoddess82575 wrote:There's more than desert in Australia
They are surrounded by water

Oh I know.. I'm just worried GL won't take advantage of it and will instead give us Tattoine/Geonosis-type locales over and over...
kevbayer
kevbayer

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:08 pm

"You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name - It's good to be out of the rain - And you can remember you're name - Because there's no one to give you no pain - Oh, you see I've been to the desert on a horse with no name..."

Don't worry Uncle George he'll make it all good.

Yeah the live-action/CGI series will take place in the 18 year gap between ROTS and ANH. The focus will be on new characters or supporting characters from the films. I suspect the Yopung Indiana Jones TV series is the structural model being used. By this I mean each season will likely be a new angle and over all story arc. We already have been told that season one will feature the early Empire hiring bounty hunters to help mop up Order 66 survivors. A future season might see Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Garm Iblis, Jan Dodonna, Ackbar (a slave to Tarkin) and who-knows-who-else forming independent rebel cells (not quite the Rebel Alliance quite yet, but certainly on the road to that organization). Another season might focus on a very young Luke Skywalker and his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. Think of this story arc as Little House On The Praire - Star Wars style. The sky's the limit.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Not sure how I feel about that idea...

One the one hand - it would be really nice to see the GFFA from different points of view and different characters all over (but, didn't the Droids cartoon do that?!).

On the other - I'd kinda like a series with one core cast that follows them through the entire run of the show.

Now that I say that though... differing cast each season or each story line could have, imo, really reinvigorated the ST franchise after or instead of the Voyager/Enterprise debacle. So maybe GL can make it work.

I haven't actually heard about plot or stories beyond a mention of Bounty Hunters (we don't need their scum! :LaughingSmile
kevbayer
kevbayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down