Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny

+4
GreenLantern2814
Darth_Tater_Tot
Yoda Jammies
SpaceshipGuru72
8 posters

Go down

STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny Empty STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 am

Star Wars fans can discuss that galaxy far, far away under this topic.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny Empty Re: STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny

Post by Yoda Jammies Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 pm

What about it should be discuss?

Warz Rulez, Trek Droolz!

Like that?
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny Empty Re: STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Now before i ignite the powder keg bom that is "Star Trek vs. Star Wars" I will 1. prepare the body bags, & 2. have the SWAT team on standby. I am a livid Star Wars fan more than a Star Trek fan but I still like Star Trek. In other words i make a decent mediator for when a neutral party is needed. I also love to play Devil's Advocate, which makes me a better mediator.

Even though i like star wars more than star trek i have on multiple occassions put my favoritism aside for equality and reason.

To get to my original point, Star Trek had more manueverable ships than Star Trek, but at the same time Star Wars has "The Force" and star trek doesn't. So in other words in my opinion, it all balances out.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Just poking fun at the whole debate Tater (the use of the letter Z indicates like of a serious argument). I too enjoy both programs, but perfer the Wars by far. So, no powder keg here good buddy.
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenLantern2814 Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm

I always thought someone should right an epic poem about a family of Star Wars fans with a son and a Star Trek family with a daughter that are rivals and then the two secretly get married. I would call it LUKEO AND VULCANETTE.

Thoughts?

Steve
GreenLantern2814
GreenLantern2814

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:03 pm

So do they both commity suicide with a lightsaber and phaser? Fascinating When i first read that I was ROFLMAOing.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by JFStan Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:03 pm

I don't think Wars vs. Trek is really a valid argument on any level, mainly because the storylines are completely different, as well as the laws of physics in each universe.

I also believe it's possible to be a die-hard fan of both. tongue Very Happy
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

https://innergeeks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny Empty Star Trek Vs. Star Wars - A Battle Of World Views

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:20 pm

The whole debate between Trek Vs. Wars can be rather silly. BUT - one can define this conflict in a more serious way. Star Trek is influenced by the more progressive ideas of the Renaissance. While Star Wars is stuck in the basics of the Medival Age. By this I mean Star Trek is based on a kind of humanism driven by science. Star Wars is more along the lines of a morality play with heavy supernatural tones. Star Trek tends to look forward to a secular age and utopia. Star Wars tends to look back into a kind of daulistic mysticism found in mythology/fantasy/religion.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Lestack Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:49 pm

SpaceshipGuru72 wrote:The whole debate between Trek Vs. Wars can be rather silly. BUT - one can define this conflict in a more serious way. Star Trek is influenced by the more progressive ideas of the Renaissance. While Star Wars is stuck in the basics of the Medival Age. By this I mean Star Trek is based on a kind of humanism driven by science. Star Wars is more along the lines of a morality play with heavy supernatural tones. Star Trek tends to look forward to a secular age and utopia. Star Wars tends to look back into a kind of daulistic mysticism found in mythology/fantasy/religion.
I think you've got it right there. Also, Steve's story idea sounds better than Fanboys, and please don't take that as a "meh" compliment :p
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

http://ilstack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 am

SpaceshipGuru72 wrote:Star Trek tends to look forward to a secular age and utopia. Star Wars tends to look back into a kind of daulistic mysticism found in mythology/fantasy/religion.

Granted, but it gets better than that when you add starbases with world destroying lasers on them. Twisted Evil
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 am

Okay, Mia Culpa for staring the trev v wars thing (by accident).. so can I change gears here?

Aside from the films, what else do you enjoy about Star Wars? do you like the Expanded Universe, if so elaberate? Collector, modeler, gamer? Share that too!

Espacially if you are a model builder, I's like some company Smile

MTFBWY, bro

Jammies

Who LOVED Fanboys by the way.
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

STAR WARS - A Galaxy Under Fan Scrutiny Empty STAR WARS : INVASION COMIC BOOK PREVIEW !!!

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Hey fellow fans be sure to check out Official Star Wars website. They have a comic book preview to the STAR WARS:INVASION title coming in July. This preview kicks off a comic book series based on the Yuuzhan Vong War! Jaw-dropping! Fans of STAR WARS:REPUBLIC, SW:EMPIRE, SW:DARK TIMES, SW:REBELLION will have a multiple geekgasm! The Vong Are Coming! The Vong Are Coming! They are already here... Twisted Evil
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 pm

The Vong are coming, and I too, cannot wait! I am still 50/50 on weather I liked the NJO, but I am going to like this comic. I really want to see the ships we read about 8 years ago.

Speaking of, there is a guy in the Star Wars Fan Mod comunity (I don't know him) who goes by "Eville Jedi." Take a look at his meshes, I do about once a week. Jaw dropping:

http://warlords.swrebellion.com/g2/main.php

Jammies
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:56 pm

I TOO cannot w8. I read the entire Vong Series except for the first few books.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotham Knight Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm a big fan of the Jedi. They have such a deep and complex history...

oh, and lightsabers. They also have lightsabers. Smile
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:12 pm

GK,

Have you read the lastest Guide to the Force? It's a great read, and really explores the history of the Jedi Order.
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotham Knight Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 pm

I didn't even know there was a Guide to the Force. I'll have to check it out. I still owe you 20 bucks or that 501st figure back, btw Smile
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Who are you?
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Oh! And respond in an acronym, crytogram, or soduku.
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotham Knight Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:42 pm

acronym:

Dooku
Only
Understands
Greek

cryptogram:

soduku:

1 2 3 4
2 1 4 3
3 4 2 1
4 3 1 2

BONUS! Binary:

11000111000010101010001111000101110100011...oh forget it Smile
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Cool! Good to have you around buddy!

And yeah, That fig goes to Joe. Or, pay up. Smile

But, the book is cool, and wonderfully illistrated!

Jammies
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 pm

But jedi are so restrictive
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gotham Knight Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:54 pm

I think that's kind of the appeal. They have great power and try to use it for good, but sometimes they get tempted and fall. I like the fact that they aren't omnipotent and make mistakes. They keep trying however. It's inspiring to me.

Now don't get me wrong, I like a good Sith beatdown as much as the next guy. Here's a good trailer illustrating one such beatdown :-)

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Jammies Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:16 pm

SWTOR DOESNT EXIST SWTOR DOESNT EXIST NAH NAH NAH NAH CANT HEAR YOU....

Sorry, I just can't afford a MMO, nor the time for a second job, but it looks so cool.

Agreed, The Jedi and the Sith are utterly facinating. Pick up the Jedi vs. Sith book-- great read. And yes, they are not superheroes, just folks with powers and a religon trying to do the right thing. It just doesn't allways work out. Do the regular denzens of the GFFA even know what a Jedi and Sith are? How do they see them? Galatic peacekeepers? Weird cultist? Or the catalyst of galatic war after galatic war?

At least we have the Mandos to keep both sides honest.

Oh, the Sith are cool too. Before the Bane Rule of Two era is my favorite, all the infighting and in somecases inbreeding. We can see this side of the Sith again the the Legacy era.
Yoda Jammies
Yoda Jammies

Back to top Go down

Post by kevbayer Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:10 pm

Alrighty! SW General discussion!

I like the flicks (OT better than PT, but I view it as one saga). I love reading the EU novels (I can't afford the comics). I really enjoy sitting down with my three kids and watching the Clone Wars cartoon series. I listen to the Forcecast sometimes - I listen to all of their roundtable eps.

OT: Was it Cole that coined the difference between a geek and a nerd? I seemed to remember him saying a Nerd will show up at the midnight showing of a new Star Wars movie in costume. A Geek will show up at the same midnight showing, but will not be in costume.
kevbayer
kevbayer

http://sporadicbookreviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down