Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars : Invasion - The Vong War Comic Book

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars : Invasion - The Vong War Comic Book Empty Star Wars : Invasion - The Vong War Comic Book

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Well the first issue has been released. Thoughts?

Here be mine.

As with the Republic, Dark Times, Empire, Rebellion and Legacy titles Invasion gives us more expansion. Invasion is designed as a companion to the New Jedi Order novels. Not adaptations mind you, but fresh stories that run concurrent to the events in the NJO novels.

The main characters thus far are new additions to the Star Wars EU. The royal Galifridan (sic) family will be the main source of protagonists. The family patriarch is a veteran from the Battle of Hoth during the Rebellion era. His son and daughter (late teens-early 20s) are being shaped by the events befalling the galaxy as the extra-galactic invaders (Yuuzhan Vong) begin their celestial blitzkrieg.

The son it seems is destined to be a Jedi Apprentice. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker arrives with New Galactic Republic troops. Luke is there to help evacuate the population and encourage the Galifridan royal heir to begin his Jedi training. Meanwhile the sister and mother are trapped behind enemy lines. To complicate the sister's life further a Yuuzhan Vong warrior takes a liking to the sister. Her attempts to kill and escape her captor entice the pain worshipping Vong.

A rousing start to a potentially long lasting title. As a fan of Herman Wouk's Winds Of War/War And Remembrance I see parallels in Invasion. Wouk's two epics have a family spread to the four winds by the events of a world war. Invasion thus far follows this model. The Galifridians are like the Henrys. An epic event will see the Galifridans seperated and spread out across the beleagured galaxy. The Henrys would on occasion come across real figures from WWII history. The Galifridans will on occasion interact with SW movie characters. Like the real people from WWII history the SW movie characters are in supporting roles.

If you have read this first issue of SW:Invasion let us know your thoughts.

P.S. - Side Note From A Writing Fan

As some of you know I hope to contribute stories to the Invasion title. It's a long shot at best, but none the less it's a goal. If accepted by Dark Horse Publishing my stories would be a series of one offs. In other words the main story would be the Galifridans and their experiences. My stuff could serve as holonet newsreel material. Or perhaps if the Galifridian story arcs wrap up and a new pantheon of Vong War era characters are needed I can be there. Whereas the initial Invasion story arc involves a civilian family my material is mostly military oriented. One of the perks of my material is I show more of the New Republic military and Imperial Remnant military. What can I say I'm a spaceship addict. One of my personal goals is to feature ship designs rarely used in the novels, other SW comic titles or movies. For example I make use of Endurance Class Fleet Carriers, Nebula Class Star Destroyers, Defender Class Assault Carriers, new E-wing models influenced by the XJ model X-wings, TIE Defenders and many other EU background designs. My characters tend to be space navy pilots, navigators, gunners, civilian technocrats and former judicial officers-turned-barkeepers. I also like to play the GFFA from the Vong viewpoint. These pain worshipping extragalactic invaders are on a holy crusade/jihad. They are living and dying on the principles of manifest destiny. The Vong want to cleanse the GFFA of vile mechanical technology. The Vong want their gods to supplant what the GFFA citizens believe. So its fun and disturbing to put on the shoes of the ultimate galaxy-spanning zealot.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Star Wars : Invasion - The Vong War Comic Book Empty Re: Star Wars : Invasion - The Vong War Comic Book

Post by Gotham Knight Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Good luck Kesh! I hope they take your submissions!!
Gotham Knight
Gotham Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars : Invasion - The Vong War Comic Book Empty Re: Star Wars : Invasion - The Vong War Comic Book

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Hey thanks for the vote of confidence. But first things first. I must finish enough of the first script for beta reading purposes. Yes I hope to use you and other Inner-Geek members as beta-readers. My goal is to have script one done by December (if not before). Shall I give a bit o' detail? Why the frak not, right?

How's this for a preview...

Cue main music:

Display main title(s).

Fade in.

STAR WARS : INVASION
Fleet Action Story Transmissions

Fade to black.

Display caption.

Fade in.

Holonet Log Feed : 090.011.200.1 'What Tangled Webs We Weave'

Fade to black.

Display main credit(s).

Fade In.

Story By Kesh-the-SpaceshipGuru72

Fade to black.

Fade in.

Ext. - Vong Scout Ship - Joust Squadron E-wing Starfighter(s) - Nebula

Roaring into view from overhead is a fast moving Yuuzhan Vong scout ship. It is heading for a colorful nebula. As the Vong ship recedes to the vanishing point located dead center of the nebula twenty Series 4 E-wing starfighters belonging to Joust Squadron follow in hot pursuit. The Vong and E-wings are exchanging fire.

Cut to:

Int. Vong Scout Ship - Command Nerve Center

The Vong ship is a living creature shaped for spying. The camera pans the ship's nerve cluster chamber. This chamber is the ship's bridge or Command Nerve Center (CNC). Vong navigators, biot administrators, warriors and a Shaper can be seen in the CNC's moisture laden gloom. Brightly colored insects move about above a central hub. These Shaped insects indicate ships and their allegiences. Basically a living strategy map. A large spider-like creature hovers within the center of the living strategy map. The spider-like creature represents a newly Shaped biotic weapon system. The Shaper and Vong ship's captain are luring Joust Squadron into a trap to test the biotic weapon system.

Well that's enough for now...
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Meh.
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Tater_Tot Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:12 pm

That has been my answer to everything lately. MEH!
Darth_Tater_Tot
Darth_Tater_Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down