Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mattel to supposedly increase DC universe Classics to 14.99 - CONFIRMED :(

Go down

Mattel to supposedly increase DC universe Classics to 14.99 - CONFIRMED :( Empty Mattel to supposedly increase DC universe Classics to 14.99 - CONFIRMED :(

Post by Cincinnatus Prime Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:14 am

Right now you can find these at Wal-mart for 11.88 a piece. However, in a wave or 2 there will be a rumored increase to a MSRP of 14.99 which gives cause to my rant.

If this is just some silly rumor then please disregard this post, but if this comes to pass then why?

Now Marvel Legends did a price increase for it's Red Hulk Wave (massive build-a-figure) and it later dropped back down to 10.44 so if this is to cover some of the huge C&C (collect and connect) that were announced then I can maybe see the need...

but...

Mattel needs to come clean and at least clear the air as to their intentions for their pricing, if anything, to debunk this rumor one way or another.

If this proves to be true and there will be a permanent increase then WTF are they thinking? Do they want me to drop this line? It stuns me to look at the condition of both the economy and the level of unemployment and to see this as Mattel's response to it.

During a economic downturn you, as a company, may want to reconsider how to price a figure to meet the reality of potential customers whose income may not be at the level it once was.

This isn't the only manufacturer to pull something like this. Hasbro's Marvel Universe figures are sold at 8.44 as opposed to their Star Wars figures that retail for 7.46 which in of itself has increased in price.

If I pay more for something, I expect more for my money like alternate heads and hands. Not less for more.

Now Confirmed...

This is the disclaimer from Big Bad Toys Store...

Please Note: Mattel has increased the pricing on DC Universe figures for wave 11 and on by over 30% on the wholesale level. We have reduced our margins slightly to help to lower the impact of the price increase, but the new price structure still results in a price increase, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Cincinnatus Prime
Cincinnatus Prime
Executive Director

Back to top Go down

Mattel to supposedly increase DC universe Classics to 14.99 - CONFIRMED :( Empty Re: Mattel to supposedly increase DC universe Classics to 14.99 - CONFIRMED :(

Post by Cincinnatus Prime Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:36 pm

I just got back from Wal-Mart and noticed a small increase from 11.88 to 12.97

I guess they want us to get broken in properly till the Kilowog Wave hits then slam it full on with 14.99 Shocked
Cincinnatus Prime
Cincinnatus Prime
Executive Director

Back to top Go down