Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWOK 25th Anni. Enterprise

Go down

TWOK 25th Anni. Enterprise Empty TWOK 25th Anni. Enterprise

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Well I could not resist...

I had to have the best looking USS Enterprise ever designed.

I bought Diamond Select/Art Asylum's Wrath Of Kahn version of the Big E. The best toy ever produced of this ship.

In my opinion the 1979 Constitution class refit has NEVER been topped. So I wanted that galaxy-spanning sculpture to stand next to the latest Enterprise design - the JJAbramsverse ship.

With the purchase of the Diamond Select toy I will finally have the definitive Enterprise design to hold and place in my fleet of collected sci-fi vehicles.

As a kid I bought three ERTL/Revell model kits of the Big E. Sadly I could never paint them accurately. The only other way to have the 1979 Enterprise design was via Corgi, Fasa or ERTL's smaller die-cast version.

None of these were of scale or detail to satisfy my eye. The only old school representation that approached adequate scale was a product only sold in Canada. Back in 1979 a Canadian toy company sold a decent sized electronic version of the 1979 Big E. That mother is now extremely difficult to find or buy.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down