Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History Repeats Itself - Lessons From World War Prevention

2 posters

Go down

History Repeats Itself -  Lessons From World War Prevention Empty History Repeats Itself - Lessons From World War Prevention

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:44 pm

The new Trek movie has stimulated my interest in Trek's political-allegorical nature. For example I'm reading about the prelude to the Romulan War era. This era is given center stage in the Enterprise based novel titled Kobayashi Maru. As seen in the Enterprise TV series a forerunner to the United Federation of Planets was formed around the end of the Xindi conflict, but before the Romulan War. This forerunner organization was called the Coalition of Planets. I can not help it. My interest in the concept of history repeating itself begs for attention. It seems that the COP is akin to the ill-fated League of Nations. While the UFP is akin to the more successful United Nations. I wonder why the COP failed? Was that alliance shattered by the stresses of the Romulan War? Not unlike the LON failing to keep the peace after WWI and thus allowing for WWII. If so how did the COP become the UFP? Guess I'll have to wait till November when the novel based Romulan War is released. But until then these pre-UFP days I'm reading about are very... Fascinating
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

History Repeats Itself -  Lessons From World War Prevention Empty Re: History Repeats Itself - Lessons From World War Prevention

Post by Lestack Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:50 pm

I've got to point out that the UFP are of course ACTUALLY powerful while the UN are ... well, the UN Razz
Lestack
Lestack
Membership Liaison

http://ilstack.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

History Repeats Itself -  Lessons From World War Prevention Empty COP = LON and UFP = UN but not quite in terms of 'muscle'

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:12 pm

Well the comparison was made with observation on the broadstrokes. Not the specifics. Yet I think you are likely correct if one were to dig deeper.
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

History Repeats Itself -  Lessons From World War Prevention Empty Re: History Repeats Itself - Lessons From World War Prevention

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down