Inner Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMC is producing The Walking Dead for tv!

4 posters

Go down

AMC is producing The Walking Dead for tv! Empty AMC is producing The Walking Dead for tv!

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:05 pm

The zombie pandemic graphic novel series is going to AMC. The cable channel is going to do a weekly tv series based upon The Walking Dead. Zombie!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

AMC is producing The Walking Dead for tv! Empty Re: AMC is producing The Walking Dead for tv!

Post by Cincinnatus Prime Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:01 pm

That's very cool. I just hope they do it right. A series based on this comic will work much nicer as a weekly TV series as opposed to a live action movie. Very Happy
Cincinnatus Prime
Cincinnatus Prime
Executive Director

Back to top Go down

AMC is producing The Walking Dead for tv! Empty Re: AMC is producing The Walking Dead for tv!

Post by JFStan Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:08 pm

They have a hit with "Mad Men", so hopefully the same quality will rub off on the Walking Dead series.
JFStan
JFStan
Admin

https://innergeeks.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceshipGuru72 Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 am

Yes the quality of Mad Men is a plus. The real test of quality will be AMC's new version of Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner.

"I AM A MAN! NOT A NUMBER!"
- quote from Number 6

Having read some of the Walking Dead series I'd say it could be the next best thing to World War Z. The graphic novel series is tailor made for weekly tv. I really hope that the Walking Dead tv show is not in color. Instead make the show like the graphic novels - black and white. Go retro. Take the zombie pandemic back to its black and white roots. The horror genre works best in the starkness of black and white images.

Zombie!
SpaceshipGuru72
SpaceshipGuru72

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekGoddess82575 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:53 pm

The closest they would get to doing it in black & white would be in the style of Sin City or The Spirit
There's a reason people have color TVs... they want to see shows in color...
GeekGoddess82575
GeekGoddess82575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down